From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ban EAPI 1
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:55:24
1 >>>>> On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:15:42 -0400
4 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5
6 >> In general I'd tend to agree, but we're talking about a very
7 >> limited pool of 70 packages,
8
9 49 packages with 58 ebuilds, to be precise.
10
11 >> whose maintainers should always be aware of the issue, and the
12 >> number of affected packages should constantly decline.
13 >>
14 >> If we were talking about something that wasn't on its way out I'd
15 >> be more concerned.
16
17 +1
18
19 > When will it be out?
20
21 >> From previous ocaml stabilizations, I'd say that I'll have to use
22 > --force for at least two months before it can be removed. I might
23 > get bored and alias --force :)
24
25 Unless the commit rate in dev-lang/ocaml (which was a total of five
26 commits during last year) would raise by at least an order of
27 magnitude, I'd say that it's not much of a hardship.
28
29 But if you insist, feel free to revert my change to layout.conf until
30 newer ocaml is stable.
31
32 Ulrich