From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ban EAPI 1
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:27:02
1 On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:15:42 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:38:35 -0400
7 > > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
8 > >>
9 > >> These errors are not user-visible. I really don't have a problem
10 > >> with repoman errors for deprecated features.
11 > >>
12 > >
13 > > I don't have a problem with always using --force either. But then
14 > > the distinction between warnings and errors becomes much less clear.
17 > In general I'd tend to agree, but we're talking about a very limited
18 > pool of 70 packages, whose maintainers should always be aware of the
19 > issue, and the number of affected packages should constantly decline.
20 >
21 > If we were talking about something that wasn't on its way out I'd be
22 > more concerned.
25 When will it be out?
26
27 From previous ocaml stabilizations, I'd say that I'll have to use
28 --force for at least two months before it can be removed. I might get
29 bored and alias --force :)