From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ban EAPI 1
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:15:51
1 On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:38:35 -0400
3 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> These errors are not user-visible. I really don't have a problem with
6 >> repoman errors for deprecated features.
9 > I don't have a problem with always using --force either. But then the
10 > distinction between warnings and errors becomes much less clear.
13 In general I'd tend to agree, but we're talking about a very limited
14 pool of 70 packages, whose maintainers should always be aware of the
15 issue, and the number of affected packages should constantly decline.
16
17 If we were talking about something that wasn't on its way out I'd be
18 more concerned.
21 Rich