From: Rob Cakebread <pythonhead@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New GLEP draft: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:42:38
1 Haas Wernfried wrote:
2 >
3 > Theoretically the trustees can decide to do whatever they want with
4 > the forums. They probably won't, but if anyone else who may be
5 > affected by their decisions is allowed to vote, why shouldn't we?
6 > The metastructure poll is affecting the forums in terms of us not even
7 > knowing where we fit into the metastructure even though f.g.o is in
8 > the offial domain gentoo.org.
9 > Becoming developer^wstaff should give us the right to vote. Since
10 > every other developer, infra staff, docs-writer or other person
11 > contributing time to gentoo as part of an official project, this
12 > should would be fair enough imho.
15 Ok, I'll buy that. This part wasn't clear to me:
16
17 "Recent events such as the election of trustees or the new metastructure
18 poll are effectively affecting the forums"
19
20 What you explained above is a lot clearer now, thanks.
25 Rob Cakebread
26 Gentoo Linux Developer
27 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x96BA679B
28 Key fingerprint = 5E1A 57A0 0FA6 939D 3258 8369 81C5 A17B 96BA 679B
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list