From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: How to deal with git sources?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:17:35
1 On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:03:44 +0000 (UTC)
2 Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > So I would not worry too much about it: It is not worth the cost of
5 > hosting a huge number of tarballs permanently (or to convince
6 > upstream to let them be hosted by github for every single version,
7 > only because one cannot theoretically exclude that a similar thing
8 > won't ever happen again). Yes, for the transition period (until all
9 > github servers use a new enough version) a solution for the few
10 > involved tarballs has to be found (like temporarily hosting on
11 > devspace). But after this period it is only a question of updating the
12 > checksum once for the involved packages.
13
14 Agreed. I use this GitHub feature quite a lot and I've only ever seen
15 this happen maybe once? Even then, I think it might have been one of
16 the additional downloads rather than the git archives, which upstream
17 had probably replaced without bumping.
20 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
21 Gentoo Linux Developer