From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo volenteers to help with linuxabi
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 05:10:17
1 Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2
3 > Hi
4 >
5 > As those who fiddle with 2.5 and now 2.6 kernels know, there is some
6 > breakage due to kernel headers changing. Now, according to the official
7 > feelings LKML side, it should be fixed with headers that only contain
8 > the user-land ABI.
9 >
10 > Up until now, there has not been much response in "who that know enouth
11 > will lead this". But finally it seems Andries Brouwer have stepped up
12 > to do or at least start the job.
13 >
14 > There was some discussion, but nothing definite from Linux yet. I do
15 > however feel that it might be an good if some of us with free time, and
16 > required knowledge of development and C might lend a hand ?
17 >
18 > Now please do understand, I have not yet talked to Andries, and Linus
19 > have not given his blessing yet, but I thought I should test the water
20 > at least
21 >
22 > Comments ?
25 > Thanks,
26
27 Well, I'm far from what one could term as an expert in C or even the
28 kernel, but I'd be willing to learn. It'd be interesting I'm sure.
29 This is an issue that really looks like it needs to be resolved, so the
30 more people who chip in and help to devise a solution to this issue.
33 --Kumba
36 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
37 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
38 elsewhere." --Elrond
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list