From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:29:51
1 22.11.2005, 17:30:50, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 09:54 -0600, Lance Albertson wrote:
6 > Also, the problem is not so much needing manpower for testing as far as
7 > Release Engineering is concerned. It is instead having some method in
8 > place where devs actually perform QA on their own packages. A prime
9 > example of this is bug #110383. I was always under the impression that
10 > if you were adding a flag to a package that affected "system" that it
11 > was your responsibility to ensure that "system" still works, rather than
12 > passing it off onto the Release Engineering team. Now, I don't know
13 > what package it is that is pulling in hal for this user, so it most
14 > likely is not hal's fault, but it illustrates the point perfectly.
15
16 Blame vapier for that one ;p (Bug 99533 half-fixed for ~arch only);
17 alternatively, you can blame usata for adding emacs support to gpm in the first
18 place (Bug 80217).
23 jakub