From: Robert Cole <robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] creating ebuilds
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:14:38
1 > 1. Nobody on the dev team has the hardware to test it (like the
2 > opensmartcard bug [1]).
3
4 I looked this up and this is probably the best example I've seen of the low
5 demand bit. I will say that if someone wants a smartcard reader to try and
6 develop for it they should post an email. Heck I have a brand new one I got
7 for free from amex a couple of years ago I could send someone. Sure I'd like
8 it back eventually. :)
9
10 I have no problem donating equipment I've even brought stuff to the linuxworld
11 when requested to. I'm going to make a habit of asking if equipment is needed
12 for the booth.
13
14 > You see, I've taken on maintainership for some packages, with the
15 > express understanding that any bugs get assigned to the initial
16 > submitter.
17
18 Now this is what I'm talking about. Good job. :)
19
20 > Basically, things can be worked out, you just have to talk to someone
21 > about it. Hope that helps.
22
23 And we are working it out. :) I'm gaining a much better understanding of the
24 gentoo dev policies and thought processes than I ever could from the docs.
25 Hopefully there are others getting benefit from this thread.
26
27 Robert
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list