From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo official motto
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:09:26
1 On Wednesday 17 November 2004 01:38, Jason Huebel wrote:
2 > On Saturday 30 October 2004 4:30 pm, Travis Tilley wrote:
3 > > Anthony Gorecki wrote:
4 > > > This is perhaps less of a development issue, however I read the
5 > > > following in a
6 > > >
7 > > > NewsForge article:
8 > > >>The official Gentoo motto is, "If it moves, compile it."
9 > > >
10 > > > A quick check of the Gentoo website found no reference to that
11 > > > statement; Google's has an official motto of "Don't be evil," would
12 > > > anyone be interested in drafting something similar for Gentoo,
13 > > > presuming there isn't one already?
14 > >
15 > > Gentoo/AMD64: my pointer's bigger than yours.
16 > >
17 > > ...I would so love to have a t-shirt with that printed on it.
18 >
19 > I'm seeing a CafePress store coming up right now... :-) So, if you're a
20 > member of the Gentoo Foundation, can you use the word Gentoo in
21 > something if you don't make any profit off of it? CafePress allows you
22 > to sell items at cost.
23
24 For there to be members there must be a member registry. This does not
25 exist yet. After that the license is not that way. If one acts for the
26 foundation one can do things, or the foundation can give a license. Of
27 course members (which you will be) can get more lenient conditions than
28 non-members.
29
30 Paul
33 Paul de Vrieze