From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo official motto
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:37:44
1 On Saturday 30 October 2004 4:30 pm, Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > Anthony Gorecki wrote:
3 > > This is perhaps less of a development issue, however I read the following
4 > > in a
5 > >
6 > > NewsForge article:
7 > >>The official Gentoo motto is, "If it moves, compile it."
8 > >
9 > > A quick check of the Gentoo website found no reference to that statement;
10 > > Google's has an official motto of "Don't be evil," would anyone be
11 > > interested in drafting something similar for Gentoo, presuming there
12 > > isn't one already?
13 >
14 > Gentoo/AMD64: my pointer's bigger than yours.
15 >
16 > ...I would so love to have a t-shirt with that printed on it.
17
18 I'm seeing a CafePress store coming up right now... :-) So, if you're a member
19 of the Gentoo Foundation, can you use the word Gentoo in something if you
20 don't make any profit off of it? CafePress allows you to sell items at cost.
23 Jason Huebel
24 Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead
25 Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter
26
27 GPG Public Key:
28 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230
29
30 "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
31 Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)