From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Rick \\\"Zero_Chaos\\\" Farina" <zerochaos@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Future EAPI] src_fetch() phase function to support VCS fetching
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 17:33:24
1 On 09/04/2012 10:05 AM, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 > I believe the easiest (and honestly most sane) method is to simply have
3 > src_fetch in the live classes check for needed deps and die (with a
4 > "please emerge blah") if deps are not found. Adding something like
5 > FDEPEND just seems to be getting way too crazy on the dependency tree
6 > AND would require things to build during fetch-only which doesn't make
7 > sense.
8
9 I think it's nicer to have FDEPEND because it makes the deps more
10 complete, so the package manager can bail out when necessary, without
11 even executing src_fetch. In the case of --fetchonly the package manager
12 could simply bail out if the deps are not installed (like how it bails
13 out for --buildpkgonly when the deps aren't installed).
14 --
15 Thanks,
16 Zac