From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: All Developers!
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 06:11:13
1 lör 2001-11-10 klockan 13.58 skrev Andreas Voegele:
2 > Martin Schlemmer writes:
3 >
4 > > On Sat, 2001-11-10 at 13:34, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > I'm currently fixing lots of ebuilds but it's hard work.
7 > >
8 > > also remember to convert to tabs!
9
10 Hi!
11
12 I just thought of this. What we said was that it should be tabs and that
13 it doesn't matter what the width is for the tab. But I think that it
14 does and that everybody should use tabwidth 4, because that makes it
15 possible to structure the ebuild to look nice.
16
17 I've always used tabwidth:8 and structured my ebuilds to look good for
18 that. But they don't for someone with tabwidth:4.
19
20 Regards,
21 Mikael Hallendal
22
23 > DEPEND="virtual/glibc
24 > >=sys-libs/db-3.2
25 > ^^^^^^^^
26 >
27 > Do you put spaces or a single tab in front of dependencies?
28 >
29 > I prefer 8 spaces since I've set the tabwidth to 4. But if everbody
30 > else uses a tab I'll use a tab too.
31 >
32 > I don't like the combination of tabs and spaces in RDEPEND very much
33 > though. If the tabwidth is set to 4 the output looks like this:
34 >
35 > DEPEND="virtual/glibc
36 > virtual/x11
37 > RDEPEND="virtual/glibc
38 > virtual/x11
39 >
40 > There are 4 "spaces" at the beginning of the second line and 5
41 > "spaces" in the fourth line.
42 >
43 > IMHO either a single tab should be used in both cases or 8 spaces
44 > should be used in the first case and 9 spaces in the second case.
45 >
46 > On the other hand, there are more important things than the number of
47 > tabs and spaces in front of dependencies :-)
48 >
49 > --
50 > Andreas
53 > gentoo-dev mailing list