From: Andreas Voegele <voegelas@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: All Developers!
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 05:59:41
1 Martin Schlemmer writes:
2
3 > On Sat, 2001-11-10 at 13:34, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
4 >
5 > > I'm currently fixing lots of ebuilds but it's hard work.
6 >
7 > also remember to convert to tabs!
8
9 DEPEND="virtual/glibc
10 >=sys-libs/db-3.2
11 ^^^^^^^^
12
13 Do you put spaces or a single tab in front of dependencies?
14
15 I prefer 8 spaces since I've set the tabwidth to 4. But if everbody
16 else uses a tab I'll use a tab too.
17
18 I don't like the combination of tabs and spaces in RDEPEND very much
19 though. If the tabwidth is set to 4 the output looks like this:
20
21 DEPEND="virtual/glibc
22 virtual/x11
23 RDEPEND="virtual/glibc
24 virtual/x11
25
26 There are 4 "spaces" at the beginning of the second line and 5
27 "spaces" in the fourth line.
28
29 IMHO either a single tab should be used in both cases or 8 spaces
30 should be used in the first case and 9 spaces in the second case.
31
32 On the other hand, there are more important things than the number of
33 tabs and spaces in front of dependencies :-)
36 Andreas