From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: All Developers!
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 06:16:22
1 On Sat, 2001-11-10 at 14:58, Andreas Voegele wrote:
2 > Martin Schlemmer writes:
3 >
4 Hi
5
6 > > On Sat, 2001-11-10 at 13:34, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > I'm currently fixing lots of ebuilds but it's hard work.
9 > >
10 > > also remember to convert to tabs!
11 >
12 > DEPEND="virtual/glibc
13 > >=sys-libs/db-3.2
14 > ^^^^^^^^
15 >
16 > Do you put spaces or a single tab in front of dependencies?
17 >
18 a single tab.
19
20 > I prefer 8 spaces since I've set the tabwidth to 4. But if everbody
21 > else uses a tab I'll use a tab too.
22 >
23 then i guess you will have to start using a tabwidth of 4, or live with
24 it, as it is the wish of drobbins :)
25
26 > I don't like the combination of tabs and spaces in RDEPEND very much
27 > though. If the tabwidth is set to 4 the output looks like this:
28 >
29 > DEPEND="virtual/glibc
30 > virtual/x11
31 > RDEPEND="virtual/glibc
32 > virtual/x11
33 >
34 > There are 4 "spaces" at the beginning of the second line and 5
35 > "spaces" in the fourth line.
36 >
37 > IMHO either a single tab should be used in both cases or 8 spaces
38 > should be used in the first case and 9 spaces in the second case.
39 >
40 > On the other hand, there are more important things than the number of
41 > tabs and spaces in front of dependencies :-)
42 >
43 true, but we need consistancy.
44
45 > --
46 > Andreas
50 Martin Schlemmer
51 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
52 Cape Town, South Africa