From: Mike Hull <highway@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:40:12
1 I have two requests/suggestions.
2
3 1) I think it would be nice if when a packages build fails on an emerge -u
4 world, it would continue building packages that do not need the package
5 that failed. Perhaps at the end of the build output a list of packages
6 that failed.
7
8 2) I think it would also be nice if emerge had a log function that would
9 log the build output to files. Perhaps options like log everything, log
10 warnings & errors, and log everything and display only warnings or errors.
11 It might not be hard for some of us to do this with a | or two and shell
12 commands, but it would be nice if it was an emerge option.
13
14 I think these features would be helpful to some, and definitely
15 appreciated by me. They sure would have helped when I was switching to gcc
16 3.x from my pre 1.0 system. I'm sure that the build logs could also help
17 bug reports.
18
19 Thank you for giving ports to linux.
20