From: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:41:36
1 there are already bugs open on bugs.gentoo.org
2 to address both these points. feel free to add
3 yourself to the CC list for updates.
4 -mike
5
6 ----- Original Message -----
7 From: "Mike Hull" <highway@×××××.net>
8 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
9 Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 00:23
10 Subject: [gentoo-dev] (no subject)
13 > I have two requests/suggestions.
14 >
15 > 1) I think it would be nice if when a packages build fails on an emerge -u
16 > world, it would continue building packages that do not need the package
17 > that failed. Perhaps at the end of the build output a list of packages
18 > that failed.
19 >
20 > 2) I think it would also be nice if emerge had a log function that would
21 > log the build output to files. Perhaps options like log everything, log
22 > warnings & errors, and log everything and display only warnings or errors.
23 > It might not be hard for some of us to do this with a | or two and shell
24 > commands, but it would be nice if it was an emerge option.
25 >
26 > I think these features would be helpful to some, and definitely
27 > appreciated by me. They sure would have helped when I was switching to gcc
28 > 3.x from my pre 1.0 system. I'm sure that the build logs could also help
29 > bug reports.
30 >
31 > Thank you for giving ports to linux.
32 >
33 > Mike
37 > gentoo-dev mailing list
38 > gentoo-dev@g.o