From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge rsync proposal
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 21:35:44
1 > I understand that there are different ways to fix my specific problem.
2 > I think that the proposed exclude syntax to rsync is correct for what
3 > needs to be accomplished, which is to leave the distdir and packages
4 > directories alone. The current syntax will leave everything underneath
5 > these directories alone, but not the directories themselves. If that is
6 > what the maintainers desire, then so be it. But if not, I have given
7 > the suggested changes.
8
9 to be honest we already provide the 'proper' way to do this and that is to set
10 the variables in make.conf ... `man make.conf` for the exact variables.
11
12 as such i dont believe changing the way rsync is currently run is needed
13 -mike
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list