From: Timothy Robinson <tdrobinson@××××.org>
To: vapier@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge rsync proposal
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 21:32:21
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 >On Saturday 07 December 2002 13:38, Timothy Robinson wrote:
6 >>I would like to propose a change to the rsync command in the emerge script.
7 >>I have /usr/portage/distfiles as a symlink to another filesytem that has
8 >>more
9 >>space than the root filesystem. Everytime I do an emerge sync, it
10 >>overwrites
11 >>this and creates a directory. A simple change to the rsync exclude
12 >>statements
13 >>would fix this problem. Have a look.
17 >or you could simply do a mount bind on that directory ...
18 >mount -o bind /path/to/other/distdir /usr/portage/distdir
19 >
20 >or you could do as skaar says and set DISTDIR in your make.conf ...
21 >
22 >the reason we enabled --delete is because old ebuilds and packages would
23 >accumulate in users portage directory causing bugs to creep up that were
24 >taken care of
25 >-mike
26 >
27 >--
28 >gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
29 >
30 I understand that there are different ways to fix my specific problem.
31 I think that the proposed exclude syntax to rsync is correct for what
32 needs to be accomplished, which is to leave the distdir and packages
33 directories alone. The current syntax will leave everything underneath
34 these directories alone, but not the directories themselves. If that is
35 what the maintainers desire, then so be it. But if not, I have given
36 the suggested changes.
37
38 Thanks,
39 Timothy