From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] News item review: bash-completion-2.1-r90
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:35:49
1 Please review the following news item.
2
3 -----
4
5 Title: bash-completion-2.1-r90
6 Author: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
7 Content-Type: text/plain
8 Posted: YYYY-MM-DD
9 Revision: 1
10 News-Item-Format: 1.0
11 Display-If-Installed: <app-shells/bash-completion-2.1-r90
12
13 Starting with app-shells/bash-completion-2.1-r90, we are enabling
14 the completion autoloading support. Along with it, we are replacing
15 the eselect-bashcomp module with a new one suited better for the new
16 framework.
17
18 Users will notice that the new framework is opt-out rather than opt-in.
19 Since completions are loaded on-demand, all of them are enabled
20 by default. If some of them are undesired, eselect-bashcomp can be used
21 to explicitly disable (mask) them.
22
23 The current eselect-bashcomp setup will *not* be migrated. It may be
24 necessary to rebuild packages installing completions after the upgrade,
25 and remove old configuration symlinks afterwards. For details, please
26 consult the app-shells/bash-completion post-install messages.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny