From: Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item review: bash-completion-2.1-r90
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:37:28
1 On 13/10/14 05:35 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Please review the following news item.
3 >
4 > -----
5 >
6 > Title: bash-completion-2.1-r90
7 > Author: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
8 > Content-Type: text/plain
9 > Posted: YYYY-MM-DD
10 > Revision: 1
11 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
12 > Display-If-Installed: <app-shells/bash-completion-2.1-r90
13 >
14 > Starting with app-shells/bash-completion-2.1-r90, we are enabling
15 > the completion autoloading support. Along with it, we are replacing
16 > the eselect-bashcomp module with a new one suited better for the new
17 > framework.
18 >
19 > Users will notice that the new framework is opt-out rather than opt-in.
20 > Since completions are loaded on-demand, all of them are enabled
21 > by default. If some of them are undesired, eselect-bashcomp can be used
22 > to explicitly disable (mask) them.
23 >
24 > The current eselect-bashcomp setup will *not* be migrated. It may be
25 > necessary to rebuild packages installing completions after the upgrade,
26 > and remove old configuration symlinks afterwards. For details, please
27 > consult the app-shells/bash-completion post-install messages.
31 seems too oriented towards developer audiences, whereas news items are
32 intended to target users; iow, I don't care what's going on behind the
33 scenes, just tell me what I need to do to fix it.