From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: modplug
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 12:11:26
1 Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com> posted
2 20071101231812.GA24142@×××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Thu, 01 Nov
3 2007 16:18:12 -0700:
4
5 > Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o> wrote:
6 >> I'd like to add USE modplug to use.desc. I'll do it tomorrow, unless
7 >> someone objects.
8 >>
9 > -- snip packages --
10 >
11 > Do those packages use the modplug flag to enable libmodplug support in
12 > lieu of (or in addition to) some other means of playing MOD files, or
13 > does the use flag enable/disable reading of MOD files entirely? If the
14 > latter is the case, maybe just "mod" might be a better flag.
15
16 ++
17
18 If the flag enables mod support, it should be "mod" with the description
19 saying that it enables mod support, the "how" of it probably doesn't
20 particularly matter to the user reading about it. If there's support for
21 mod other than modplug, then "modplug" it should remain, and the
22 description should mention that. (See the recent discussion over
23 USE=lame, vs. simply mp3, also a USE flag.)
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list