From: Vladimir Romanov <blueboar2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Overlays project needs you!
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 08:00:26
1 I am willing to help
2
3 2016-05-17 12:35 GMT+05:00 Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>:
4 > I am willing to help.
5 >
6 > On May 17, 2016 3:36:18 PM GMT+09:00, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
7 > wrote:
8 >>
9 >> Hello, everyone.
10 >>
11 >> It seems that I'm the only person doing Overlays project work these days.
12 >> This is getting ridiculous to the point of users mailing me when I'm away
13 >> and requests are not handled, and dangerous to the point of me missing an
14 >> email meaning the request won't be handled.
15 >>
16 >> For this reason, I would like to ask others to join the Overlays effort.
17 >> The work involves pretty much:
18 >>
19 >> 1. updating repositories.xml,
20 >>
21 >> 2. adding and removing repositories from gitolite,
22 >>
23 >> 3. updating user SSH keys,
24 >>
25 >> 4. handling bugs for problems with repos -- reassigning, possibly removing
26 >> from repos.xml for major problems,
27 >>
28 >> 5. in the future, possibly using my script to semi-automatically file bugs
29 >> for QA issues detected with repo-mirror-ci (it boils down to reading the
30 >> prepared bug text, clicking the link to validate it and confirming it).
31 >>
32 >> You don't have to have any prior knowledge, I will train you if
33 >> necessary. I will also figure out who to ask for confirmation since you
34 >> will be given partial gitolite admin access.
35 >>
36 >> At the same time, I would like to ask the existing Overlays team members
37 >> to remove themselves from the team if they are not willing to do any work.
38 >> There is really no point in pretending there's more of us here.
39 >>
40 >> Thanks in advance.
43 > --
44 > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.