From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: overlays@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Overlays project needs you!
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 07:35:22
1 I am willing to help.
2
3 On May 17, 2016 3:36:18 PM GMT+09:00, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >Hello, everyone.
5 >
6 >It seems that I'm the only person doing Overlays project work these
7 >days. This is getting ridiculous to the point of users mailing me when
8 >I'm away and requests are not handled, and dangerous to the point of me
9 >missing an email meaning the request won't be handled.
10 >
11 >For this reason, I would like to ask others to join the Overlays
12 >effort. The work involves pretty much:
13 >
14 >1. updating repositories.xml,
15 >
16 >2. adding and removing repositories from gitolite,
17 >
18 >3. updating user SSH keys,
19 >
20 >4. handling bugs for problems with repos -- reassigning, possibly
21 >removing from repos.xml for major problems,
22 >
23 >5. in the future, possibly using my script to semi-automatically file
24 >bugs for QA issues detected with repo-mirror-ci (it boils down to
25 >reading the prepared bug text, clicking the link to validate it and
26 >confirming it).
27 >
28 >You don't have to have any prior knowledge, I will train you if
29 >necessary. I will also figure out who to ask for confirmation since you
30 >will be given partial gitolite admin access.
31 >
32 >At the same time, I would like to ask the existing Overlays team
33 >members to remove themselves from the team if they are not willing to
34 >do any work. There is really no point in pretending there's more of us
35 >here.
36 >
37 >Thanks in advance.
38 >--
39 >Best regards,
40 >Michał Górny (by phone)
43 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.