From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Software patents
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 04:20:53
1 If someone removes something that belongs to me, software patents or not, I'll
2 be asking for removal of (at the very least) their cvs access. If not, I'll be
3 asking for their total removal from the project. You can have all the views you
4 want on the world. I do. This is a technical project, not your own personal soap
5 boxes.
6
7 --Iggy
8
9 twofourtysix wrote:
10 > I applaud all those people on the Planet who are posting
11 > anti-software-patent banners in their blogs. It's good to see yet
12 > another major software project taking a stance.
13 >
14 > Are these people prepared to back up their views by removing from the
15 > tree all those ebuilds for software made by companies who make heavy
16 > use of software patents? That would be far more effective, and may
17 > even encourage a few mainstream tech news sources to stop ignoring the
18 > issue. I can think of quite a few software-patent friendly companies
19 > who are currently gaining significant good PR from being 'supported'
20 > by Gentoo.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list