From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New schema language for metadata validation?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:10:51
1 On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:39:02 +0100
2 Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > Could you post a generated .rng and XML Schema files for comparison?
7 > > They don't have to be perfect conversions, just to see how different
8 > > they are.
9 >
10 > Here's the RNG, generated with dev-python/rnc2rng:
11 >
12 > https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djc/gentoo-data-dtd/metadata-rnc/metadata.rng
13 >
14 > The best way to convert from RELAX NG to XML Schema seems to be with
15 > trang; I downloaded an older binary and a JDK on my laptop, but
16 > couldn't easily get it to run. I don't really have a Gentoo machine on
17 > which I want to install the whole Java shebang, so maybe someone else
18 > can run a quick conversion?
19 >
20 > Cheers,
21 >
22 > Dirkjan
25 that looks very easy to read and modify.
28 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>