From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New schema language for metadata validation?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:39:42
1 On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Could you post a generated .rng and XML Schema files for comparison?
3 > They don't have to be perfect conversions, just to see how different
4 > they are.
5
6 Here's the RNG, generated with dev-python/rnc2rng:
7
8 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djc/gentoo-data-dtd/metadata-rnc/metadata.rng
9
10 The best way to convert from RELAX NG to XML Schema seems to be with
11 trang; I downloaded an older binary and a JDK on my laptop, but
12 couldn't easily get it to run. I don't really have a Gentoo machine on
13 which I want to install the whole Java shebang, so maybe someone else
14 can run a quick conversion?
15
16 Cheers,
17