From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK:2 EOL and incoming migration to GTK:3
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 10:24:34
1 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > We will do one final 2.x release in the coming days, and we encourage
3 > everybody to port their GTK 2 applications to GTK 3 or 4."
6 > The recommendation in the blog post is for application developers to
7 > port to 3 or 4, nothing more and nothing less.
8
9 Correction: It /encourages/ porting to 3 or 4. It's not even a recommendation.
12 > What's the reasoning for this driving "killing off GTK:2" in Gentoo?
13 >
14 > Are there (presently or foreseeable) technical issues with GTK:2?
17 > Many thanks and kind regards
20 //Peter