From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] automated testing framework for Gentoo on Supercell at the OSL
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:51:52
1 On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > Yes, I would definitely be interested in having some spare vms to run
3 > some automated tests etc. Probably other QA member would be interested
4 > as well
5
6 I'd be really interested in something that ends up as a howto on
7 automated testing / tinderboxing / etc.
8
9 I know that a few have had some success in this area (most notably
10 Diego of course). It would be really nice if there were a
11 step-by-step guide for doing various types of build tests on a vm of
12 some kind.
13
14 Bonus points if we can somehow logically split up a whole-tree build
15 into segments based on dependencies and run them on parallel
16 instances. :) Of course, that will miss unexpected automagic
17 dependencies and collisions.
18
19 Rich