From: Elfyn McBratney <beu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduction to myself
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 19:20:55
1 On Sunday 01 May 2005 13:32, Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I don't know really if people on the list use to do a little
5 > introduction to themselves, but I normally do it, thus, I can only pray
6 > for not giving it spam points ;)
7
8 Your name sounds familiar, do I know you from somewhere ? ;)
9
10 > As a brief introduction to myself, I'm Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro,
11 > a young guy from Spain. I've been involved in kernel development,
12 > founded Hardened Debian and the latter, Ubuntu Hardened, also SELinux
13 > development since the the end of the past year 2004.I've been using Free
14 > Software since many time ago, running Gentoo and Debian (and now
15 > Ubuntu).
16 >
17 > Talking in terms of my collaboration with the Gentoo project, I've done
18 > just a very few things, within the Hardened Gentoo subproject, but I'm
19 > now interested in getting more involved and somewhat time becoming a
20 > Gentoo developer. My areas of interest are currently the Hardened Gentoo
21 > subproject, the crypto work within Gentoo (as of
22 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/staffing-needs/index.xml) and also
23 > on Gentoo embedded. Gentoo was my targeted since some time ago, but due
24 > to some things happened in the past week, I toke a decision and here I
25 > am ;)
26 >
27 > I'm here for learning and teaching what I know already if possible, and
28 > also to help out with anything, with the hope of taking both of my
29 > experience as maintainer and upstream to make things going on well-done
30 > and having fun with the rest developers.
31 >
32 > Thanks in advance, cheers.
33
34 Hehe, welcome to the whirlwind that is -dev ! :)
35
36 Best,
37 Elfyn
40 Elfyn McBratney http://beu.merseine.nu/
41 beu/irc.freenode.net http://dev.gentoo.org/~beu/
42 +------------O.o--------------------- http://dev.gentoo.org/~beu/pubkey.asc
43
44 PGP Key ID: 0x69DF17AD
45 PGP Key Fingerprint:
46 DBD3 B756 ED58 B1B4 47B9 B3BD 8D41 E597 69DF 17AD