From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping ia64/ppc/sparc profiles to dev/exp
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 22:45:32
1 On Sun, 07 May 2017 22:53:52 +0200
2 David Seifert <soap@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > This is probably the smaller problem. The link shows a bug where none
5 > of the aforementioned arch teams have keyworded the requested packages
6 > in 4 months. How would the arches.desc proposal fix "dead arch teams"?
7 > Sure, it will make maintenance easier for pure stablereqs, but the
8 > other half of keywording does not happen. All the ia64/ppc/sparc
9 > KEYWORDREQs I have filed for sci-* packages I have closed and
10 > dekeyworded for revdeps. We have had KEYWORDREQs open for over a year
11 > with 0 activity. If the keywording inactivity continues, I will also
12 > continue to dekeyword packages
13
14 I think its more "and" not "or", wherein arches.desc provides a pathway
15 that makes dropping these profiles to exp less problematic.
16
17 1. Introduce arches.desc
18 2. Brand problem arches with the relevant flags
19 3. Drop problem arches to dev/exp
20
21 That way we can still do some relevant keyword consistency checks
22 while not holding back stable.
23
24 Currently dropping arches to dev/exp tends to imply that *all* keywording
25 consistency goes out the window into the EDONTCARE bucket, where the desired
26 outcome may only be certain *types* of keywording consistency (namely: stable)
27 is EDONTCARE but overall consistency (keywords being present) is still desired.