From: Yannick Koehler <yannick.koehler@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/init.d
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:15:32
1 Joachim Blaabjerg wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 18:48, Yannick Koehler wrote:
3 > <snip>
4 >
5 > I might be stumbling in the dark here, but what if Portage stored all
6 > the files that were installed in a protected directory in
7 > somewhere/app-category/app/app-version/dir/file (or whatever), and did a
8 > diff on those verbatim files that were installed, so the user can see
9 > what has changed between the two original versions (the ones he hasn't
10 > changed yet)? My biggest problem right now is that of diff'ing a file,
11 > and spotting what changes I did, and what changes the package came
12 > with...
13 >
14 > Anyway, I'm really tired here. Please ignore this if it's really stupid,
15 > or someone else mentioned it in the beginning of the thread ;)
19 I find that a little too expensive. Maybe a good idea for config files
20 thought.
21
22 Yannick Koehler