From: Grant Goodyear <goodyea@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Installer (2) [LARGE]
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 09:13:07
1 > Aren't you all missing the point? *Both* the plain shell-based
2 > installer and the GUI would be available.
3
4 I agree. In fact, I like the idea of having the manual install,
5 the anaconda gui, and a cli openbsd-like installer (that a couple
6 of people seem to be working upon) all available. First and
7 foremost, Gentoo Linux is about flexibility for the _users_!
8
9 Also, I would like to point out that the anaconda gui is primarily
10 being developed for the Latinux distribution, which is using
11 Gentoo as its base. I very much appreciate the fact that the
12 Latinux folks are keeping us informed and allowing us access
13 to their work.
14
15 -g2boojum-