From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 23:27:51
1 On 10/01/18 23:20, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Being somwhat old and cynical, I'm seeing signs of history
4 >> repeating itself.
5 >>
6 >> Does being 'struck off' the list in this way apply to devs, including
7 >> Council and comrel members?
8 >>
9 > It would seem that this question is already answered:
10 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct#Consequences
11 >
12 > Being banned from lists or removal of dev status (which would also
13 > remove posting privs unless whitelisted) are already listed as
14 > potential consequences for refusal to comply with the CoC.
15 >
16 I have to ask a stupid question here .. how do devs apply to return to
17 the list? Via other devs, council, Comrel, the Foundation, Infra, or
18 what? (the "select few"/clique/club/etc?)
19
20 I think Roy's point is quite valid .. if you want to cut out users from
21 contribution why are you even posting on -dev ML in the first place? Use
22 -core and/or #-dev IRC .. or is this simply an attempt to replicate
23 #-dev IRC as a ML .. and you simply move the "problem" elsewhere .. and
24 then apply sanctions to that system also .. you create a rod for your
25 own back ...
26
27 I'm tending towards the idea that this is a technical "solution" to a
28 non-technical problem, and as such, nobody is capable of "fixing" that ..