From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 23:35:36
1 On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:27 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2 > On 10/01/18 23:20, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Being somwhat old and cynical, I'm seeing signs of history
5 >>> repeating itself.
6 >>>
7 >>> Does being 'struck off' the list in this way apply to devs, including
8 >>> Council and comrel members?
9 >>>
10 >> It would seem that this question is already answered:
11 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct#Consequences
12 >>
13 >> Being banned from lists or removal of dev status (which would also
14 >> remove posting privs unless whitelisted) are already listed as
15 >> potential consequences for refusal to comply with the CoC.
16 >>
17 > I have to ask a stupid question here .. how do devs apply to return to
18 > the list? Via other devs, council, Comrel, the Foundation, Infra, or
19 > what? (the "select few"/clique/club/etc?)
20
21 Go figure, the answer was linked from the previously posted URL:
22
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:ComRel#The_Policy_for_Resolution_of_Conflicts
24
25 > I think Roy's point is quite valid .. if you want to cut out users from
26 > contribution why are you even posting on -dev ML in the first place?
27
28 Probably because we don't want to cut out users from contribution.
31 Rich