From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for a (temporary) proxy docdev for french documentation
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 18:37:11
1 On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 06:22:31PM +0200, Xavier Miller wrote:
2 > The french documentation is quite outdated, and this is not a good
3 > "vitrine" to Gentoo for the French-speaking users.
4 > By this outdated documentation, we get, in the french subforum and
5 > #gentoofr IRC channel, many outdated questions about HAL, baselayout 1,
6 > or CHOST changes...
7 >
8 > I had contact with cam, who said there is nobody now in the FR doc team.
9 >
10 > In the other side, there are some volunteers who can help to update the
11 > official documentation.
12 >
13 > We need thus an /ad interim/ proxy docdev to help us to merge the
14 > patches for the documentation.
15 > Meanwhile, I could follow the procedure to become a docdev.
16
17 Hi Xavier,
18
19 You might want to take this to the gentoo-doc mailinglist. That being said,
20 I don't mind proxying commits for you guys. I'll contact you offlist for the
21 details.
22
23 Wkr,
24 Sven Vermeulen