From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ignoring/overwriting IUSE from an eclass
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:45:14
1 > | > Just what do you think will happen when another eclass sets
2 > | > IUSE="Xaw3d"?
3 > |
4 > | Specially for you and your pink elephants:
5 > | E_IUSE=${E_IUSE// X }
6 > | E_IUSE=${E_IUSE#X }
7 > | E_IUSE=${E_IUSE% X}
8 >
9 > No go. Arbitrary whitespace is allowed.
10 I thought that you really know what you are talking about, but now I have no
11 doubts that you don't:
12 E_IUSE=${E_IUSE// X } - deletes every X with whitespace around it.
13 E_IUSE=${E_IUSE#X } - deletes X if there is one at the beginning
14 E_IUSE=${E_IUSE% X} - deletes X if there is one at the end
15 No more X left.
18 Piotr Jaroszyński
19 Gentoo Developer
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list