From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Issues regarding glep-55 (Was: [gentoo-council] Re: Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:21:28
1 Somewhat ironically, had everyone been less stubborn last year when
2 discussing this topic we could have embedded the EAPI in line X of the
3 ebuild in 2008 and be using it now; instead of still discussing it.
4
5 I don't expect new novel ideas out of this thread. I expect the
6 council to defer it again because the arguments are the same as last
7 time and last time they were not convincing enough. I would prefer if
8 the council went one way or the other so that when we are arguing
9 about this in 2010 we can at least say "hey we have support in
10 $PACKAGE_MANAGERs for EAPI on line X since May 2009 so in 3 months we
11 can just switch. We don't have to make the switch; I'm just saying we
12 should add support to hedge our bets.
13
14 Thoughts?
15
16 -A