From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding CPUFLAGS USE_EXPAND variable to the profiles
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:07:55
1 On Friday 07 July 2006 16:53, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Perhaps you are thinking too narrowly here.  Consider that this
3 > USE_EXPAND could potentially be used to enable cpu specific flags over
4 > more arches than just 32/64-bit x86.  It seems clear that ppc and sparc
5 > could already benefit, and I can think of at least one situation on mips
6 > where it would be useful.
7 So the question is: why they aren't useflags in the first place? There has to
8 be a reason, or it would just be that up to now we did the same thing in
9 different ways just because of it.
12 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
13 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE