From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:11:13
1 On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Took me days to get dracut to work.  Where does 15 minutes come from?  How
3 > much time does it take when the initramfs fails?
4
5 I've used dracut on a few VMs now and on my main Gentoo box. My
6 experience has been that it didn't take long to figure out, and it is
7 trivially easy to install.
8
9 Now, whether it works is a separate issue. Most of the time it works
10 just fine, and it is no harder to deploy than typing genkernel all.
11
12 When it doesn't work then you're going to spend a whole lot more time
13 trying to fix it - I'm still tweaking mine. Granted, its failure mode
14 is only disastrous in an unattended system in my case since I can just
15 type one line at the dash shell and exit and it boots fine. I just
16 need to get unlazy and debug the script...
17
18 Rich