From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:57:17
1 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:14:52 +0100
3 > Enrico Weigelt<weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >> * Micha?? Górny<mgorny@g.o> schrieb:
6 >>
7 >>> Does working hard involve compiling even more packages statically?
8 >> I guess, he means keeping udev in / ?
9 > Because adding 80 KiB of initramfs hurts so much? We should then put
10 > more work just to ensure that admin doesn't have to waste 15 minutes to
11 > recompile the kernel (if necessary), create an initramfs and add it to
12 > bootloader config?
16 Took me days to get dracut to work. Where does 15 minutes come from?
17 How much time does it take when the initramfs fails? I keep hoping that
18 all the smart people involved in this will see the mess it is creating.
19 I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I'm sharp enough to see the
20 mess this is going to create and I'm just a desktop user. I feel sorry
21 for people with more complicated systems or remote ones.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
29
30 Miss the compile output? Hint:
31 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"