From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: New category proposal
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:10:07
1 On Thu, 12 May 2005 04:01:17 +0900 Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
2 wrote:
3 | How do we prevent a current category/package combination like
4 | net-wireless/gnome-phone-manager from becoming something else like
5 | app-cellphone/gnome-phone-manager?
6
7 Two options:
8
9 * Smarter updates handling by portage. For example, maybe it could
10 realise that the package in question has been moved, and automatically
11 do the update (along with a QA notice: assumed package move blah). This
12 would also help for those unfortunate times when we don't manage to do a
13 huge package move in under the required half an hour.
14
15 * Unique ID strings for packages, zynot style. Messy as hell though,
16 DEPEND="foo/bar {12379812AD7382164BD87678652438FC65E43A2}" doesn't have
17 the same kind of ring to it...
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm