From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:19:39
1 On 11 Jun 2008, at 13:11, Brian Harring wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 03:06:17AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >> This is your one-day friendly reminder ! The monthly Gentoo Council
5 >> meeting is tomorrow in #gentoo-council on irc.freenode.net. See the
6 >> channel topic for the exact time (but it's probably 2000 UTC).
7 >>
8 >> If you're supposed to show up, please show up. If you're not
9 >> supposed
10 >> to show up, then show up anyways and watch your Council monkeys dance
11 >> for you.
12 >>
13 >> For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our
14 >> homepage:
15 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
16 >
17 > Reiterating the early request, I'd like the council to please discuss
18 > the current status of PMS, if the running of it satisfys the councils
19 > requirements of a *neutral* standard, if the proposed spec actually
20 > meets said standards, and if said spec is actually going to be
21 > approved sometimes this side of '09.
22 >
23 > Effectively, we've watched it essentially progress into a standard
24 > that effectively only the paludis folk are adherent to (if in doubt,
25 > ask portage folk, my sending this mail is indicative of the pkgcore
26 > standpoint)- it's about time the council comment upon it in light of
27 > the general view.
28
29 Did you send patches for those parts you don't agree with?
30
31 - ferdy
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list