From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Catalyst news item
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:08:52
1 On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Peter Stuge wrote:
2
3 > Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
4 >> +After many years of stalled development
5 >
6 > I'm quite allergic to statements like this.
7 >
8 > Remember that you may not really be representing everyone when you
9 > express your own opinion - even if it is shared by many.
10 >
11 > "many years of stalled development" can only be true if there was no
12 > development whatsoever for "many" years - which I don't really think
13 > fits catalyst at all.
14 >
15 > I think the statements discards the efforts that have gone into
16 > catalyst during the last "many years" - however small!
17
18 I understand your comment and in principle agree with it. However, in this
19 case, as I was one of those closest to the catalyst development in the
20 mentioned period, I believe I'm "entitled" to use such words about myself
21 ;)
22 In any case, I'll present v2 in a bit to address the comments thus far.
23
24 > //Peter