From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 13:46:08
1 On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > IMHO, switching the order within the first (i.e. !systemd) USE
4 > conditional would make a lot of sense. Why should we default to the
5 > systemd udev for users that request USE=-systemd in their flags?
8 Well, if we're going to force it to be in the stage3, I guess this
9 boils down to whether eudev or udev is the better nano.
10
11 I think it makes far more sense to just remove some of the controversy
12 by taking it out of the system set first. Then I doubt anybody would
13 notice the switch.
16 Rich