From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 14:23:33
1 >>>>> On Tue, 9 Feb 2016, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > Well, if we're going to force it to be in the stage3, I guess this
4 > boils down to whether eudev or udev is the better nano.
5
6 "Nicht alles was hinkt ist ein Vergleich", as we say in German.
7 Emacs has a flexible extension language, whereas nano uses a
8 configuration file. Not sure in which direction this would map to
9 OpenRC and systemd.
10
11 > I think it makes far more sense to just remove some of the controversy
12 > by taking it out of the system set first. Then I doubt anybody would
13 > notice the switch.
14
15 Take what out of the system set? virtual/udev isn't there, in the
16 first place, and virtual/dev-manager is needed for a working system.
17
18 Ulrich