From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Initial python-r1.eclass & distutils-r1.eclass
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:48:24
1 On 30-09-2012 15:28:47 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > > The files are indeed cache, and should be generated on the system that
3 > > installs the files, not the system that builds them. They are currently
4 > > outside of VDB. pyc files store the path to the original files, so
5 > > generating in ${ROOT} yields in wrong paths. Python sometimes
6 > > regenerates the files when it runs. It may as well just ignore them
7 > > (since they are newer but non-matching, unclear to me). In the worst
8 > > case it returns "Bad marshalling data".
9 >
10 > Hmm, so python-distutils-ng was wrong from the beginning and nobody
11 > cared to point it out?
12
13 I'm not reviewing each and everything in detail, sorry. It's just
14 that Pacho raised the point in this thread that made me recall the
15 above.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level