From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK2 QT Theme
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:29:13
1 On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 08:59:37AM +0100, in <20040111085937.06f3d628.spider@g.o>, Spider <spider@g.o> wrote:
2 ...conversation about a proposed ebuild...
3 > as it is its crashy, check the reported gaim crashes due to the theme
4 > for example (yes. that was the 0.2 version). as ~ is -not- a playground
5 > for broken packages or known buggy things I oppose the inclusion of this
6 > until it can be shown as to not crash applications.
7 This seems as good a place as any to mention one of my many
8 ideas. ...which are usually ignored, but I might have a good
9 one someday. How about a new KEYWORDS flag to mark known-crapulent
10 packages. Playing off the use of "~arch" (which I read as "maybe arch"),
11 use "!arch" (which could be read "not arch") to mark packages which are
12 somewhere between useless and alpha, but happen to be worth watching
13 and developing. It would also be a great way to move the hard-masking
14 features of packages.mask into the relevant ebuild. Looks like that
15 might simplify a chunk of portage.py, too.
18 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
19 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
20 --Ghost in the Shell