From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:49:36
1 On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 11:06:15PM +0100 or thereabouts, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > > 4/ we will need to have a policy about how long we'll support a profile,
3 > > and a procedure for end-of-lifing profiles. (probably don't want to
4 > > support a single profile for more than 2 years)
5 >
6 > Not *less* than 2 years, I'd have thought. Some commercial systems are
7 > supported for 5 or even 10 years.
8
9 For a community distribution, I personally believe 2 years is more than
10 sufficient. I'd even say 12-18 months is reasonable.
11
12 I don't think we have the resources to maintain things for 5-10 years.
13
14 --kurt