From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Marking packages stable on x86
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:07:46
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:36:18 -0400 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | I'm sending this email because I have seen some packages marked stable
5 > | on x86 without the permission of the x86 team, and would like the
6 > | people who can mark stable for x86 to contact us.
7 >
8 > Would the x86 team prefer it if lots of people made arrangements of
9 > this kind, or would they rather handle the majority of keywording
10 > themselves? I'd imagine there are quite a few of developers who have
11 > the hardware to do x86 testing, but who would not want to step on the
12 > x86 team's toes...
15 For the time being, I believe we would like to make arrangements with a
16 lot of people, instead of being in the dark about who is doing what.
17 This way we could atleast easily know what is probably being neglected
18 by us.
19
20 I only conferred with a few other people in #gentoo-x86. If anyone else
21 on the x86 team has opinions about this, I'd love to hear them, but as
22 the GLEP is outlined, I believe this way is the best way to go about it.
23
24 Mark