From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 2006.1
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:49:08
1 On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 17:40 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On 9/3/06, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 > > in the end
4 > > GCC-4.1 going stable is up to releng and arch teams (heck it doesn't
5 > > technically have to go stable on all arches). So who "screwed up" in
6 > > this case?
7 >
8 > Well, for a package like PHP, the package maintainers take
9 > responsibility for ensuring that there are useful and adequate
10 > announcements up front.
11 >
12 > GCC I suspect is surrounded by more confusion. Either the package
13 > maintainers or the arch teams could have made an announcement giving
14 > fair warning; alas, neither did.
15
16 It was in the GWN. Twice.
17
18 Funny enough, Donnie complained that I put the same information in two
19 GWN's and I explained that no matter, what, there would be people
20 bitching. You've proven it. There's only so many times you can tell
21 someone the *exact* same thing before it gets redundant. If you missed
22 the announcement, I'm sorry to hear it, but I'm not apologizing for your
23 perception that we didn't get the word out. We did.
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
28 x86 Architecture Team
29 Games - Developer